Why Should You Pursue a Certificate IV in Ageing Support in Australia?
The aged care sector in Australia is particularly important to the country since it is growing and the need for competent employees is predicted to increase. If you love interacting with others and want to make a genuine difference in people’s lives, learning elder care might be the first step towards a satisfying profession.
If you want to start a career in aged care, acquiring all of the necessary information and abilities will provide you with several options to become a qualified aged care professional. We will look at why pursuing Certificate IV in Ageing Support in Australia will enhance your career and life in this blog.
- Increased Demand: As Australia’s population ages, so does the need for aged care services. As a result, there is a lack of experienced aged care professionals, making it a desirable and fulfilling career path.
According to Job Outlook Australia, the number of aged care positions is predicted to expand rapidly, reaching 341,800 by 2026, which means you’ll be able to pick from a wide range of career options in elderly care, including:
- Aged Care Manager
- Aged Care Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Specialist Aged Care
- Respite Aged Care
The projected job increase over the next five years is 28%, while the national average weekly wage for community service employees is $1382.
- High-Quality Training: Australian universities and vocational institutes like the International College of Victoria provide a variety of high-quality aged care courses designed to offer students the skills and information required to excel in this area. Experienced experts who bring practical knowledge to the classroom teach these courses.
In Australia, all aged courses must involve a mandated work experience in an accredited aged care facility. It will provide you with hands-on experience with the sort of job you’ll be performing and will allow you to put your new abilities to the test.
- Diverse Job Pathways: Aged care is a diverse sector with several job pathways available, ranging from nursing and personal care to administration and management. Because of the variety of professions available, there is an opportunity for everyone, depending on their interests or talents.
- Supportive Workplace Culture: Australia is well-known for its supportive workplace culture, which is notably evident in the aged care industry. Employees in this industry are recognised and respected, and they have a decent place of employment and job security.
- Opportunities for Advancement: Because the aged care industry is continually changing, there are several chances to improve professionally. These options are available to those studying aged care in Australia, enabling them to grow and advance in their professions. Melbourne is regarded as the world’s top city for students when it comes to delivering the best education.
In summary, there are numerous compelling reasons to study aged care in Melbourne and Australia. Aged care provides a meaningful and rewarding route, whether you’re trying to launch a new career, advance in your existing one, or improve the lives of others. There has never been a better moment to study aged care in Australia because of the industry’s rising demand, first-rate education, and welcoming job environment.
International College of Victoria offers CHC43015-Certificate IV in Ageing Support course for domestic students in Victoria. This course will prepare you for employment in the aged care industry. You will gain expertise in a variety of factual, technical, and procedural areas, as well as some theoretical understanding of the ideas and methods used to offer person-centred care to older individuals who may need it.
We at the International College of Victoria have extensive experience in the field and will make sure that everything you study has practical applications. To help you get a job placement, our work placement coordinator and trainers will collaborate directly with you. Learning with us means you’ll get the most recent information and skills from the industry, as well as practical experience that will prepare you for employment after you graduate.
So, if you are someone who wishes to make a difference in the lives of the elderly, enrol now! Contact us for more information.